The Interpreter Foundation is a nonprofit educational organization focused on the scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: the Book of Mormon, the Pearl of Great Price, the Bible, the Doctrine and Covenants, early Latter-day Saint history, and related subjects.
Our goal is to increase understanding of scripture through careful scholarly investigation and analysis of the insights provided by a wide range of ancillary disciplines, including language, history, archaeology, literature, culture, ethnohistory, art, geography, law, politics, philosophy, etc. Interpreter will also publish articles advocating the authenticity and historicity of Latter-day Saint scripture and the Restoration, along with scholarly responses to critics of the Latter-day Saint faith. We hope to illuminate, by study and faith, the eternal spiritual message of the scriptures—that Jesus is the Christ.
Visit our other sites
Supporting The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through scholarship.
The Interpreter Foundation supports the Church in the following ways:
- Promotion: We provide tools to encourage and facilitate personal learning by study and faith, and disseminate accurate information to the public about the Church.
- Explanation: We make the results of relevant scholarship more accessible to non-specialists.
- Defense: We respond to misunderstandings and criticisms of Church beliefs, policies, and practices.
- Faithfulness: Our leadership, staff, and associates strive to follow Jesus Christ and be true to the teachings of His Church.
- Scholarship: Our leadership, staff, and associates incorporate standards of scholarship appropriate to their academic disciplines.
The Interpreter Foundation is an independent organization that supports but is not owned, controlled by, or affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The material published by the Interpreter Foundation is the sole responsibility of the respective authors and should not be interpreted as representing the views of The Interpreter Foundation or of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Images from a number of sources have been used throughout this site. Where the copyright owner can be determined, permission has been or will be obtained by the Foundation. In rare cases, no clear owner can be determined despite efforts to research such ownership. If you feel that an image has been used inappropriately or without permission or you have general questions about the images on this site, please contact us directly.